Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 June 2021

MY EXPERIENCE AT EBONYLIFE CREATIVE ACADEMY

At Ebonylife Creative Academy, seasoned industry professionals have empowered me with the practical knowledge and skillset required to function as a professional Production Designer and Art Director for films and TV.

During the course of the training I've learnt how to create mood boards, floor plans and story boards for films. I've also learnt about the unique roles of a Production Designer/ Art Director in film and TV, the essential elements of design, the importance of colour and colour palettes in films, how to achieve different SFX and food styling in films, one & two points perspective drawings, painting of different shapes & patterns, Production Design for diverse genres of films, the visual trilogy in film production, budgeting and reconciliation etc.
I was opportune to work as the Production Designer of an Award-winning short film titled; "DILEMMA" as my student's Project. This role gave me the opportunity to work in sync with the Director, Cinematographer, the producer and the entire production crew.
I led the Art Direction crew in developing all the Pre-production framework for the Art department from breaking down the script, to designing the mood boards that outlined the look & feel of the film, colour palette, set design, lighting, costume design, props, character design etc.
I also participated in some other intriguing productions during my 3months training among which are: - IFELOJU Short Film: as the Props Master.
SELF Short Film: as the Set Designer.
I feel privileged to be one of the pioneer set of Art Direction for Film and TV at Ebonylife Creative Academy because it was indeed a game changing and career elevating experience for me.
My ultimate goal still remains to some day rank among the top 3 film makers in Africa and I'm still 100% committed to achieving the goal.
My profound gratitude goes to God Almighty the giver of all good things and my beautiful wife Mrs. Hossana Bolarinwa for her love and support throughout the training period.
        Mrs. Hossana Bolarinwa
My appreciation also goes to Ms. Wavinya Ngei (HOD of Production Design Unit) for her tutelage and support.
                            Ms. Wavinya Ngei
I'm eternally grateful to Mo Abudu (CEO of Ebonylife Creative Academy & Studio), the Faculty of Ebonylife Creative Academy and Lagos state government via LACI and Ministry of culture and Tourism for selecting me for this all expense paid training valued at $6,000.  
Bolarinwa Idowu Emmanuel (a.k.a Santa Bolero) says Adupe, Daalu,Nagode.🙏
IG: @Santa_bolero
#ebonylifecreativeacademygraduation2021 #artdirection #productiondesigner #filmmaker

2 comments:

Unleash Your Verbal Prowess at the Jendol Annual Debate Championship!

Attention all SSS2 students aged 14-17 from Lagos State Education Districts 1, 2, and 6 – the stage is set, the challenge is issued, and the...